Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I have witnessed with my own eyes; I have acted in the same way; I have ignored my child's unknowing plea. The signs were there; I just didn't see them or chose to ignore. I was alone learning to parent a teenager; as my two older daughter's went through these maturing issues with mostly their Father, who had been raising them. Maybe telling you the story of how my daughter died will help you better understand; how this has not only happened to my 16 year old daughter; it has happened to many young girls that travel alongside much older crowd who understands their need for mature minds. Girls at teen age years; are the most defying, gullible,untrusting,controlling,boy hungry, seekers of a hot guy on this planet.
Kyla did what most of us did at one time or another in life. I do not Judge her or condem her for her actions. She met a boy much more she style, but I scared him off with my questions. Just the thought that she could have a boyfriend at 14 excited her to no end; but first I had to meet and greet them.Since there had only been Kyla and I since her birth; we were extremely close. We lived in a small Memonite community away from all the gangs and dangerous outcomes by living in the city. While we lived in Kitchener Kyla was sexually molested by a 14 year old brother of her friend. She was 7 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment