Monday, November 19, 2012

My Vision

We have reasons for attaining certainities, hoping to conquer, what seems to be our fate.  Whatever reasons, bestowed upon us; through the misfortune of losing a child to tragedy; we find more and more need for things, we didn't know, we would need. My vision, in the beginning of grief was to start a foundation that could be there for  lower income families, for emergency financial aid. I accomplished what I set out to do and it sits there, waiting for supporters to give, in times of need. Support a Soul Survivor Foundation Inc. non-profit charity # 1797933 was formed in June 2008.

In my second stage of grief, I went through the urge and need to tell my daughter's story. Faithfully I wrote a journal of the happenings during our hearings and the truth of what happened to my daughter and why her death had not been sentenced properly and handled very poorly. The vision of seeing 2 of my books sitting on shelves waiting to be read. My first book (1) Storm of Deceit, Suspicious death of Kyla Holburn. (2) Deceit within the Storm' A Mother's Never-Ending Journey, are both made available in English and French.

My third vision came to me when I was unable to get support or help from the Durham Regional Police or Homicide Squad. It was as though they wanted to taunt me, not wanting to even look at evidence I had discovered. Their suggestion was to get victims of crime together in a big group, so we could make complaints. My vision increased, knowing, I was determined enough to travel Canada; whether by myself or with help; preferred.

No comments:

Post a Comment